[Gllug] Fire fox book mark files

NorthLondon John northlondonjohn at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Nov 20 11:45:00 UTC 2004

On 20 Nov 2004, at 01:16, caparo at saltmine.org.uk wrote:

>   Hi,
>    I am using Firefox 1.0 and I would like to make up a master file
> for all
>   the book marks from Konqueror and the two profiles in Firefox so
> that we
>   all are adding & using the same folders and bookmarks.
>    Trouble is you can import but not append and have just one copy of a
>   bookmark unless you sort by hand from what I can see. Amalgamating
> the two
>   profiles bookmarks does not seem to be catered for , is there a way
> of
>   doing this?

Not sure I understand your setup (is this all on one machine?) and I
don't know how Konq deals with bookmarks, but you might find this
interesting:
Bookmarks Synchronizer
https://update.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?
id=14&vid=15&category=Bookmarks
Saves bookmarks in an xml file remotely. Could be hackable to suit your
purposes.

As for sorting bookmarks, I've never had any luck with any app - I
think it's a matter of sorting once by hand, then making sure you never
have to do it again.

HTH

John

www.ubuntulinux.org