[Gllug] alternative to ETH_P_ALL

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Thu Nov 11 09:53:33 UTC 2004

On Thu 11 Nov, Ian Norton,Small,no,yes wrote:

> I've heard that the bridge code is only as good as the network drivers
> it is using, I myself had all up to 2.4.24 reboot after about 40 mins of
> high level traffic over the bridge. (using 2 rtl8139 cards)
>
> Ian

   I have tried to write the tables so that there is minimum delay to packet
flow, and I am only ACCEPTing or DROPping packets, so in my case the
limiting factor should be the amount of extra cash I would be prepared to
spend for an ADSL connection that is much faster than normal. You may have
found a bug I heard about where the early rtl series cards may all back off
by the same pre-set delay in case of a collision.

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk