[Gllug] Fwd: More than 1GB Memory problem

caparo at saltmine.org.uk caparo at saltmine.org.uk
Tue Nov 30 07:46:34 UTC 2004

Hi,
 picked this up from another list, thought that this list would know the
answer if anyone did :-}
MTIA

Subject: More than 1GB Memory problem
Date: Tuesday 30 Nov 2004 12:13 am
From: "Ronald Andia" <ronald_andia at hotmail.com>

   Hello.

   I have an IBM xseries 232 server with 2 processors PETIUM III, with
   4GB of physical memory, with  RedHat AS 2.1 kernel 2.4.9-e.16smp
   (compiled kernel upgraded: I mean I download the .rpm package
   precompiled and only install it with rpm -Uvh)...

   But when I reboot the linux, isn't recognize the 4GB (only see 1GB)...

   I probe with adding the mem=3070M at the kernel line, but doesn't have
   effect.

   Please if anybody can help me......thanks in advance.

--
TTFN
 Caparo

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk