[Gllug] NTFS resize

adam at thebowery.co.uk adam at thebowery.co.uk
Tue Nov 23 16:52:18 UTC 2004

On Tue, Nov 23, 2004 at 04:42:02PM +0000, Dan Kolb wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 23, 2004 at 04:16:13PM +0000, adam at thebowery.co.uk wrote:
> >
> > I did this a few months back on my Dell Precision M60 laptop
> > (boast,boast,boast!) :)
>
> You're boasting about having a Dell laptop? Oh dear :)

I know I know, only to outboast John though ;) I couldn't afford an
IBM T or X series at the time :( (and I still can't afford one now, I
did take a look at Apple laptops at the same time, but the wireless not
working in Linux was a problem imho in case I really hated Mac OS X and
all the things in the sub 1000 quid price range didn't look like very
good value)

Anyhow the M60 isn't bad FWIW, I got it from the dell outlet for 950 quid
delivered in May, most of the stuff works in Linux, a couple of ACPI
problems that I havn't had time to wrestle with yet. 1.6Ghz Centrino,
512megs of ram, 40gig disk, and a CD-RW/DVD combo drive. The best bit
about it is the screen, 1920x1200 absolutle bliss :) I couldn't really
find any other manufacturers selling laptops with a 1920x1200 screen at
the time at least not selling for under 2 grand anyhow.

Adam
jabberid = quinophex at jabber.earth.li
AFFS || http://www.affs.org.uk/ || Not a filesystem
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk