[Gllug] OSS

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Tue Nov 2 10:17:46 UTC 2004

On Tue, 26 Oct 2004, John Hearns stipulated:
> http://medicine.plosjournals.org/perlserv/?request=index-html&issn=1549-1676
> Public access medical journal.
> I think this was discussed in the Guardian yesterday. Important for the
> third world where institutions/scientists/medics can't afford
> traditional journals.

Increasingly, s/third/first/

i.e., journal prices are now so sky-high that *nobody* can afford all
the journals they need.

Thanks be to Elsevier, gougers-in-chief :(

--
`Preliminary analysis reveal there are few impact craters on Titan. This
 suggests Cassini has an active surface constantly being resurfaced.'
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk