[Gllug] Help With Virus

wendy carr wendy_carr2003 at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Nov 5 11:22:14 UTC 2004

Hi All,
I would be grateful if you can help me to solve this.
I am running a small network with Linux server.Linux
server is used to pop emails from the demon.net using
fetchmail and distributed by sendmail to the local
users (windows clients).All outgoing mail is relay
through the relay.plus.net.
The problem is that i am getting loads of junk emails
and the worse is all my contacts get junk emails with
our address as the sender.Whats more W32Beagle virus
is seems to be in them.
I have set up sendmail relaying only for the local
domain.I check my /var/log/maillog but cant find any
mail sent out of the local domain.
I guess the W32Beagle is spread in only windows and
someone else is sending the mail bombs.Is there anyway
i can find these are generated from inside?
I appriciate any sugesstions.

cheers

wendy

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk