[Gllug] loading new modules from stage2

gllug at dormon.com gllug at dormon.com
Wed Nov 10 16:46:42 UTC 2004

Hello all

Just having some fun and games with some dell 1850's, kickstart and
redhat 9 (don't ask!)

I've rebuilt the initrd.img and stage2.img to include the new module
which is megaraid2 (from the lsi site) added the entries to pcitable (is
the order important?)

But no joy, anaconda can't see any disks, if I get a virtual console up
and insmod megaraid2.o, the module loads and anaconda can continue.

But why won't it do this automagically, at what point does it probe the
pci bus to see what modules to load? Or is there a kind of modules.conf
for it?

Cheers for any help

Lee

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk