[Gllug] Gentoo on Sparcstation 20

Adrian McMenamin adrian at mcmen.demon.co.uk
Thu Nov 18 23:52:44 UTC 2004

I have burnt a Gentoo minimal CD and have a SCSI CD rom attached to my Sparc
box (the CD have device no set to 6 to ensure external booting). The box is
headless and I haven't got a keyboard or a null modem cable.

When I boot the box there is clearly interaction between the box and the Cd
rom but the whole setup appears to reboot every 30 - 40 seconds or so. What I
really want is a working network connection so I can ssh to the box or even
just find out what the ID of the NIC is :(

is there any way to do this (eg by editing the iso to automate all the things
I need to do, according to the gentoo site to get it to boot), or is there an
alternative live cd that will "just work"?

Adrian

(Hope this makes sense - very difficult to know what is going on with the box)
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk