[Gllug] [OT] eBook reader for Nokia 6230

Ashley Evans hoshy at hoshy.co.uk
Wed Nov 3 16:47:01 UTC 2004

On Wednesday 03 November 2004 08:06, farnsaw at stonedoor.com wrote:
> Yes this is Off Topic but I have searched and searched and cannot find
> such a beast.  Does anyone have any suggestions on where I can find an
> eBook reader (or even text file reader) for the Nokia 6230?
>
> Thanks and sorry for the OT post.
>
> Andrew Farnsworth

You could try to write one.  The J2ME development kits are easily downloadable
from Nokia and they even come with a phone simulator.

There is a widget set as standard so screen operations will be quite simple. I
have the book "Programming Wireless devices with the Java 2 Platform" and can
send you the source code for the very simple Hello World example.

regards,

Ashley
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk