[Gllug] Good linux magazines?

Richard Cohen vmlinuz at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 19:10:25 UTC 2004

On Wed, 10 Nov 2004 15:47:45 +0000 (GMT), Jason Clifford
<jason at ukpost.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 9 Nov 2004, Dean wrote:
>
> > > I have yet to find a GNU only paper based magazine.
> >
> > Good idea that man! ;)
>
> I tried to launch one quite a few years ago (1997 I think) under the title
> "Linux User". I had about 4 people express an interest in helping by
> writing articles. It seemed to me that this was insufficient to justify
> all the work that would have been involved so I walked away from the idea.

I don't know if I was one of the ones who expressed interest, but I
have a draft of an article hanging around somewhere from around that
time...

> Given that the Free Software communities are online I suspect a dead tree
> gnu magazine would fail.

I think you're right - I think it would have to be a low-quality,
unpaid-writer type thing, and it probably wouldn't be worth actually
printing the thing as opposed to just putting it online...

> Jason Clifford

Cheers
Richard
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk