[Gllug] Inexpensive, ageing hardware

Russell Howe rhowe at wiss.co.uk
Tue Nov 16 13:26:22 UTC 2004

OK, I'm moving at the end of the month and I have a ton of stuff I don't
want to lug with me. Make me an offer.

* BBC B w/dual 5 1/4" FDD
* BBC Master w/dual 5 1/4" FDD
* Lots of games and software for the BBCs on 5 1/4" FDD
* Assorted BBC bits (joysticks, manuals, folders of poorly-photocopied code)
* Amstrad CPC464
  * DDS-1 3" floppy drive + controller
  * 64K RAM expander
  * Cables
  * The colour Amstrad monitor (can't remember the model #)
  * Tons of tapes, but they might be in Derbyshire
  * Tons of photocopied sections of old Amstrad magazines
    * Z80 assembly tutorials
    * Locomotive BASIC tutorials
    * Reviews
    * Price listings for shops that are long gone
    * Game pokes
    * etc
  * ROM pack, but I think it's knackered
  * Other bits I've likely forgotten about
  * Assorted 3" floppies
* Spectrum +3 128k + manual
* ZX81 + manual
* Memory expansion for an Acorn A3000 (I think). 1Mb.
* Citizen 120D+ 9 pin A4 dot matrix (in Derbyshire)
* NEC Pinwriter P30 9 pin A3 dot matrix (in Derbyshire)
* Amiga 500 w/memory expansion (512k? No RTC) with 2 PSUs.

What works? Well, I think the ZX81 works to a point, though it's not in
the best of conditions. At least one of the BBCs works, but I think both
do. The CPC464 works, but the PSU in the monitor which supplies the
computer doesn't (probably easy to fix, with a bit of electrical
knowledge). AFAIK, the CPC monitor works otherwise. The +3 works. The
A500 powers on with a green light IIRC and tries to access the floppy
drive, but since I don't have anything to boot on it, and don't have
either an RF modulator or a monitor lead, I can't tell what it's doing.

If you want any of the things from Derbyshire, I need to know by
Thursday evening (although there may be another 'shipment' the week
after)

Bits can be collected from my flat in Hendon, which is not too far from
Hendon Central tube, Hendon thameslink and several bus routes, or from
the office, which is just off Borough High St., near Guy's Hospital or
from Gllug on Saturday (I'll have a car available, but I'll need to know
what to bring before I set off!)

Collection from Hendon is preferable.

Payment can be made in cash or food (or just by walking in and taking
stuff away).

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk