[Gllug] Debian woody and lost network device

Nordlund, Niko Niko.Nordlund at storaenso.com
Mon Oct 25 08:40:07 UTC 2004

Hi,

Newbie in trouble. I installed Debian Woody on my old HP desktop with Intel
82815 on-board graphics card (uses i810 driver). The problem being that the
Woody kernel does not work well with agpgar (Accelerated Graphics Port). I
want to run Gnome on the desktop, so I was forced to compile kernel 2.4.19.
Compile went OK following a few how-to's. Now I have X up and running, but
the problem is that the Ethernet connection disappeared. And the eth0 was
working just fine before!

"dmesg | grep eth" does not return any lines
"locate eth0" does not return any lines

I was wondering if someone could point me to the right direction.