[Gllug] linux based office setups

Amit Muthu amuthu at venda.com
Sun Oct 3 13:56:08 UTC 2004

Hi,

A friend of mine is upgrading the IT infrastructure (which I originally
set up) at his small company ~10 staff.

I have the time to spec out but not to implement the upgrades, so I am
looking for a provider to implement some run-of-the-mill office systems:

- Samba domain controller
- IMAP + webmail
- SMTP server/gateway with virus scanning and spam filtering
- firewall
- web-proxy
- ipsec/l2tp for remote workers
- automated Windoze installations using Unattended
(http://unattended.sourceforge.net/)

I would be interested in any companies people have worked with
successfully before, and I would also be interested in any resources
that people are aware of other than each individual project's docs that
would make setting up the above quicker/easier if I were to decide to
give up a few weekends and do the work myself.

Many thanks,

Amit
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk