[Gllug] [OT]Reforming wayward web designers

Rob Crowther robertc at boogdesign.com
Fri Oct 1 18:31:01 UTC 2004

Daniel P. Berrange wrote:
> for who doing it 'the right way' is just as easy as with nightmare
> weaver :-)

And it also has handy autocompletion stuff for CSS too, unfortunately
(AFAIK) the MX 2004 version doesn't run under WINE.

One strategy I've used in the past is to show someone their web page in
Lynx and say "This is what a search engine sees when it looks at your
page", which is good for motivating marketing types at least.  I'd also
second someone's earlier suggestion for Zeldman's designing with web
standards, a nice practical guide.  For wow factor Eric Meyer's css/edge
site is pretty (http://www.meyerweb.com/eric/css/edge/) or you could try
him on either of his 'Eric Meyer on CSS' books.

Alternatively you could subscribe him to css-d and then post a site
check request for his CV page... :)

Rob
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk