[Gllug] [OT] dsl router advice?

Wiehe, Simon simon.wiehe at csfb.com
Mon Oct 18 13:58:15 UTC 2004

I don't quite understand. Someone directs a packet at your ip address, say
152.16.45.1 and your server has an internal ip address of 192.168.254.3. I
thought the point of NAT was that the router receives a packet for 152.16.45.1
and you configure your router to forward any packets for the ip address
152.16.45.1 to the internal address of 192.168.254.3. Or am I missing the
point somewhere ?

Simon