[Gllug] Still no decent FTP client for Linux?

Garry Heaton garry at heaton6.freeserve.co.uk
Wed Oct 6 20:44:51 UTC 2004

With regret, one of the things that keeps me partially tied to Windows is
the sorry state of FTP clients on Linux. gFTP crashes, lists directories and
files in completely random order with the parent directory icon half-way
down the listing. It also has no tree view for syncing properly. I didn't
find KBear to be usable, either. Any suggestions?

I do not have the time to use CLI ftp clients as this is one area in which a
GUI is a real time-saver. I tried IglooFTP-PRO but it turned-out to be a
30-day trial.

With all the fantastic OSS being developed for Linux it's puzzling why no
resources have been channeled into this black spot.

Garry

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk