[Gllug] Dell CPx CPU speed problem

Chanka A. Perera chanka at gmail.com
Sun Oct 10 04:03:12 UTC 2004

Hi,

Yesterday morning I found my Dell CPx 750GT laptop got really slow
which is running Getnoo Linux /  kernel 2.6.8 after troubleshooting
several minutes I found odd info on 'cat /proc/cpuinfo' which says cpu
running on 204.450 Mhz but in BIOS it's mobile Pentium 111 750/600 Mhz
I even check changing values on Smart CPU Mode and Intel SpeedStep but
performance is the same it's hard to work even on Fluxbox . I also
tried booting from knoppix CD but proc values for cpu is the same.
I'm not sure whether it's a contact problem on M/B because of getting
heated after several hours of compiling Gentoo system time to time.
Any suggestions to solve above problem are most welcome,

Thanks in advance,

Chanka Perera

--
http://www.linux.lk/~chanka