[Gllug] RMS hurt in fatal road accident?

Gordon Joly gordon.joly at pobox.com
Tue Oct 5 12:07:01 UTC 2004

At 10:18 am +0100 5/10/04, Tethys wrote:
>Gordon Joly writes:
>
>>Emacs is a text editor with a comprehensive set of features that is
>>particularly popular with programmers and other technical computer
>>users. The original Emacs was written in 1976 by Richard Stallman, as
>>a set of Editor MACroS for the TECO editor.
>
>Yes, but in addition to that, he's actually done stuff that's useful
>to the community. <dons_asbestos_suit>
>
>Tet :-)

I think he did a lot and annoyed a lot people in our little
community. I remember he came to London (circa 1995) and spoke about
European copyright law. Trouble was that some people in the audience
knew a lot more that he did, and he shouted them down, as if they
were hostile.

And never forget the singing!

Gordo.

--