[Gllug] Soundcards with hardware mixing

Huw Lynes huw-l at moving-picture.com
Thu Oct 28 14:52:05 UTC 2004

Annoyingly creative have discontinued the excellent emu10k1 chipset. We liked
it because the OSS drivers for it would take advantage of it's hardware mixing
capabilities so you could run several sound sources straight to /dev/dsp
without having to deal with software sound mixers like esd or arts.

Personally I think it's because they are cheap and good that creative have
discontinued them, but that is another rant for another day.

Anyway does anyone know of a soundcard with equivalent functionality?

Why do suppliers discontinue stuff just when you are about to put in a big
order?

 --
 | Huw Lynes               | The Moving Picture Company  |
 | System Administrator    | 127 Wardour Street          |
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk