[Gllug] [OT]Reforming wayward web designers

M.Blackmore mblackmore at oxlug.org
Mon Oct 4 22:35:48 UTC 2004

Richard Cottrill wrote:

>Last night there was an inicdent where
>he decided that he wanted his online CV composed entirely of jpeg
>images, laid out on a pop-up, composed of tables of joined images.

I think that is illegal - disability/access legislation (UK or EU) is
going to get heavy about making sure information is accessible to
visually impaired, if it isn't enforced now.

Someone I know has been pointing out that public organisations are in
breach of the law simply by the use of microsoft products because they
simply are not capable of meeting the accessibility standards. I'm not
sure quite what grounds he is pointing out the problem, but then I've
not programmed anything in earnest since the early 90s!
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk