[Gllug] [OT] Non Nat dsl router advice?

Andy McGarty andy at mac1systems.com
Mon Oct 18 15:18:31 UTC 2004

> On Mon, 2004-10-18 at 14:58, Wiehe, Simon wrote:
>> I don't quite understand. Someone directs a packet at your ip address,

> I thought so too.
> But a quick Google for 'VOIP NAT' indicates things aren't all that easy
> for VOIP.

Exactly.  Can't user NAT/port forwarding for H323 voip.
So back to my original question, does anyone have a dsl router, not doing
NAT, that only has one IP (or possibly three but not on the same subnet!)
so the dsl router becomes transparent and the linux firewall/servers have
public IP?

Cheers

Andy

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk