[Gllug] CPU exerciser?

John Hearns john.hearns at clustervision.com
Mon Oct 25 08:51:15 UTC 2004

Does anyone know of such a thing as a CPU exerciser code?
ie. something which makes the CPU execute all instructions in turn.
I'm thinking along the lines of Memtest, which we use extensively.

I have an Opteron CPU which is problematic. When running the HPL
benchmark it quickly freezes - no indication on the console.
I guess it is hitting an instruction which has a hardware fault on the
CPU or something.
It would be interesting to diagnose this (prior to swapping the CPU out
of course). Dual CPU box.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk