[Gllug] Unasked for plugin "installed"

Ian Norton bredroll at darkspace.org.uk
Sun Oct 3 17:15:33 UTC 2004

Hiya,

I just had this using my windows mozilla firefox (downloaded yesterday).

It came up asking if I wanted to install a content advisor plugin, with a yes
or no option, Your wife must have clicked cancel if you cant find any trace of
it,

Ian

On Wed, Sep 29, 2004 at 10:34:53PM +0100, M.Blackmore wrote:
> On my wifes computer just a few minutes ago a link brought up an
> unexpected window saying a plugin "content adviser" summat or other had
> been installed into Mozilla 1.6...
>
> ?Que?!!
>
> Was this malware? I had a look through the various mozilla folders for
> plugins and couldnt' find anything remotely like this. Or would that
> have been a smokescreen?
>
> Suse 9.0, online updated ironically only an hour or so before.
>
> Should I wipe the disk and reinstall? Panic panic panic
> --

/* www.darkspace.org.uk {
 web development, application development, consultancy, firewalls
 */
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk