[Gllug] Still no decent FTP client for Linux?

Jan Kokoska kokoskaj at seznam.cz
Thu Oct 7 01:40:01 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-10-07 at 00:11 +0100, Garry Heaton wrote:
> I'd like to be able to do what I can do in Dreamweaver's Site View. Open a
> local directory tree, select a bunch of files and hit the upload button.
> 'Should be simple but all the Linux FTP clients I've seen don't have it.

Then stay on the OS that provides the above mentioned program.
Clickability and efficiency don't necessarily go hand in hand. I for one
am convinced they have never been friends at all.

There is a Linux way of accomplishing what you ask for and that is using
a script and CLI FTP client that you refuse to learn. You are missing
the essentials of Linux in such case and I really couldn't see a reason
for using it then. Oh, maybe that you don't have to pay for the license?
Right...

And yes, the above is terribly biased but what do you expect on this
list at such hour? ;)

Jan

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk