[Gllug] Rackspace bends over for Feds - so much for linux principles?

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Sat Oct 9 21:31:33 UTC 2004

On Sat, Oct 09, 2004 at 08:35:45PM +0100, Christopher Hunter wrote:
> On Saturday 09 Oct 2004 7:21 pm, M.Blackmore wrote:
> > Sent: Friday, October 08, 2004 10:58 AM
> > Subject: BREAKING: Indymedia Servers Seized by FBI
> >

> > BREAKING: Indymedia Servers Seized by FBI
> > http://www.truthout.org/docs_04/100904W.shtml
>
> http://www.indymedia.org/nl/2004/10/111999.shtml
>
> http://yro.slashdot.org/yro/04/10/07/204217.shtml?tid=153&tid=219
>
> http://www.indybay.org/news/2004/10/1698191.php

Don't forget:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/arts/3728930.stm

http://badnarik.org/newsfromthetrail.php?p=1346

I was very disappointed with the news about Indymedia.  It's one of
those times when I wish I'd actually made some money during the
dot.com boom and then I'd be able to buy these guys a new server (and
tell them that perhaps they ought to think about replication ...)

Rich.

MONOLITH is an advanced framework for writing web applications in C, easier
than using Perl & Java, much faster and smaller, reusable widget-based arch,
database-backed, discussion, chat, calendaring:
http://www.annexia.org/freeware/monolith/