[Gllug] Windows clients SAMBA printer, problem changing properties

Tom Schutzer-Weissmann trmsw at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Oct 25 12:45:22 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-10-21 at 23:10, Mike Brodbelt wrote:

> Your users should be able to override job options on a per job basis,
> but they will not be able to change any of the defaults. They can only
> change properties by going to File/Print, and choosing the properties
> button on the pring dialog. If they're trying to set properties on the
> printer itself, they'll fail. That's by design, I'm afraid....

Yes, I thought as much, but the problem seems that they can't change
them on a per-job basis either.

Even if the XP users have the permission to "Manage Documents", they
can't change the printer properties for a particular job.

This wouldn't be a problem except that lots of people want to print the
first page on headed paper and subsequent pages on unheaded paper.
Perhaps I could make a filter to do this.

Thanks again,
Tom

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk