[Gllug] Newbie needs help!

Peter Childs blue.dragon at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Oct 21 19:49:53 UTC 2004

Ken Smith wrote:

>FWIW: For fun I installed W95 on a 25MHz 386 8M Mem 200Mb HD Mono Laptop.
>Takes an eternity to boot but it works!
>
>Ken

    We have a a 286 that runs windows 3.1 and does somthing useful(tm)
however since the floppy drive is broke it only communicates via a
serial cable or (33 of them in fact)

    If you want to get a older machine running linux, your best bet is
probably debian with most things not installed. install the basics and
then see how far you get... should be more up to date than an achient
version of Slackware. Debian (esspacially woody) as been around for ages
it may take some messing around on older hardware but its your best hope.

Peter Childs
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk