[Gllug] Debian woody and lost network device

Nordlund, Niko Niko.Nordlund at storaenso.com
Mon Oct 25 09:03:10 UTC 2004

>From: John Hearns [mailto:john.hearns at clustervision.com]
>>On Mon, 2004-10-25 at 09:40, Nordlund, Niko wrote:
>> "dmesg | grep eth" does not return any lines
>> "locate eth0" does not return any lines
>>
>> I was wondering if someone could point me to the right direction.
>
>What does 'lspci -v' give you?
>
>lspci is the command to List the devices on the PCI bus
>
>Not really familiar with this situation, but is this some sort of
>interrupt clash?

Hi John, I tried "lspci -v" with following results. Any ideas where to go
next?

01:040.0 Ethernet controller: 3Com Corporation 3c905C-TX [Fast Etherlink]
(rev 78)
Subsystem: Hewlett Packard Company: Unknown device 1246
Flags: medium devsel, IRQ 5
I/O port at 2000 [size=128]
Memory at ec100000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=128]
Expansion ROM at <unassigned> [disabled] [size=128K]
Capabilities: [cd] Power Management version 2

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk