[Gllug] AMD64 machines

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Tue Oct 26 06:36:26 UTC 2004

On Tue 26 Oct, Marios Koumides wrote:

> Last time I checked for a branded AMD64 machine Compaq
> had some with reasonable prices.
>
> Marios

   I have not looked at any recent HP/Compaq computers, but my impression of
older kit was that they were well designed and reliable (would normally work
for the standard tax-write-off period without complaints), but mechanically
slightly non-standard so as to require more in-house spares and accessories
sold at inflated prices. They were fine for businesses that needed large
numbers of standard boxes, but not so good if you required the freedom to
choose standard off-the-shelf goodies.

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk