[Gllug] dual cpu mobo

Richard Jones rich at annexia.org
Thu Oct 14 13:34:26 UTC 2004

I'll also join in here.  At my last-but-one job the standard spec for
web servers, database servers and so on was 2-way or 4-way SMP
machines, and I can't recall having any problem at all related to
Linux's SMP support.  The machines work as advertised and are
generally 2* or 4* faster than UP, just as you'd expect.  We used a
whole variety of cheap unbranded kit through to muchos $$$
Dell-branded Poweredge quad Xeon servers with no problem at all.

The utility for examining processor performance is 'top' (there are
others too).

Rich.

MOD_CAML lets you run type-safe Objective CAML programs inside the Apache
webserver. http://www.merjis.com/developers/mod_caml/