[Gllug] Virtual files (was: Smart directories: Cron or fancier)

Richard Turner richard at zygous.co.uk
Mon Sep 27 11:01:45 UTC 2004

Doesn't KDE's file manager do something clever like this with music
files?  Stick a music CD in the drive and KDE will provide a load of
'directories' containing OGG files and WAV files, etc. all named using
CDDB, that are ripped from the CD when one accesses them.

I know that's the file manager, not some clever trick on the file
system, but I was impressed when I found that.  Perhaps I dreamt it
though - I don't use KDE but I thought I came across that last time I
had a quick foray into the KDE world.

Richard.
--
"Racing turtles, the grapefruit is winning..."

Help is at hand: http://dlfwiki/

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk