[Gllug] Mindmapping now available on OSS

Dean dean.wilson3 at virgin.net
Thu Sep 16 13:16:26 UTC 2004

On Thu, Sep 16, 2004 at 02:10:30PM +0100, Wulf Forrester-Barker wrote:
> http://freemind.sourceforge.net/
>
> I might give this a spin some time. I've found the technique useful in
> the last couple of years and have tried software (a free older version
> of a commercial product - can't recall the name) in the past. However, I
> found that I preferred the visceral feel of pencil scratching on paper,
> even if it does result in a scrappier end product.

Agreed, nothing beats pencil on squared paper :)

I spent an hour looking at freemind a couple of months ago and while it
does what it's supposed to I found that the interface felt 'clunky' and
awkward to use when trying to brainstorm.

On the upside it's file format is pretty easy to parse XML.

I want one of these written in SVG ;)

  Dean
--
Dean Wilson             http://www.unixdaemon.net
Profanity is the one language all programmers understand
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk