[Gllug] UK VoIP Provider [slightly off-topic]

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Tue Sep 21 13:55:37 UTC 2004

This one time, at band camp, Bruce Richardson wrote:

> Of the ones I've had to deal with recently, Telappliant seem to be
> clueful and less stretched than some.
>
> http://www.telappliant.com/

Having family and friends in Australia, I keep an eye on all this VOIP
stuff.  The hardware phones are coming down in price very quickly.
However, since discovering a provider that charges 1p/minute (no other
charges) to call Australia, it becomes uneconomical to buy hardware,
hell it's not even worth fiddling with softphones.

However, I'm interested in this stuff too.  So, has anyone managed to
get kphone or linphone working with any of the major VOIP networks?  In
particular, Free World Dialup?

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon at rumble.net>
www.rumble.net

 "Diplomacy is the art of saying "nice doggy" until
  you can find a rock."
- Will Rogers
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk