[Gllug] Video editing advice needed

Richard Huxton dev at archonet.com
Fri Sep 3 09:05:07 UTC 2004

I received a digital camera for my birthday (rebadged Minton F-18) and
it mounts as a usb drive quite happily and I can download photos just fine.

It also takes little video-clips and I can play these with Xine but
can't seem to find any editors that will handle it.

Using "file" I get:
   RIFF (little-endian) data, AVI, 320 x 240,
   video: Motion JPEG, audio: (mono, 8000 Hz)
Xine seems to agree.

Now, I've downloaded kino, transcode and mjpegtools and nothing seems
happy with them. Transcode claims to convert them to dvraw, but kino
just segfaults. The lavplay app in mjpegtools complains about the
frame-rate but when I use +p it displays nothing.

I'm not after anything fancy with the editing. Being able to trim a few
seconds off the start/end from the command-line would be good enough.
Anyone got advice on a good tool for this, or something that can tell me
what's wrong with my other tools for that matter.

--
   Richard Huxton
   Archonet Ltd
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk