[Gllug] [OT] speaking French in France

Stig Brautaset stig at brautaset.org
Thu Sep 2 14:23:31 UTC 2004

On Thu, Sep 02, 2004 at 03:09:28PM +0100, Kristian Davies wrote:
> |Healthcare is the nearly the best in Europe, ditto education.  Sane
> |government. Public transport that can cope with the weather.  Excellent
> |communications infrastructure.  Clean power, no fossil or nuclear
> |energy. Sane employment laws with equal consideration for men and women.
>
> Ditto...
>
> I plan to move over there Q1/Q2 next year for those exact reasons...

Heated bathroom floors is my favourite ;)

> Now... Just got to find a job :-)

Beware that although the standard of living is higher over there, and
the minimum wage is almost decent (7 quid or so once you turn 18), the
difference between highly-paid jobs and lower-paid jobs is generally
smaller. This can work in your favour if you're in a traditionally
low-paid job, but it can also work the other way.

Stig
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk