[Gllug] Knoppix and similar

Andrew Black (li) andrew-li at black1.org.uk
Thu Sep 16 07:37:11 UTC 2004

Hi
I want to run Linux on a machine currently with Windoze.  I don't (yet) want
to remove windoze or work out which partitions are wipeable.  Hence I want
to boot from a CD.

I have an old version of Knoppix and was wondering if this is the way to go,
or whether there are other similar version of Linux to look at.
Do these versions have the ability to store settings on the HD of the
machine?

One specifc question - how easy is to share a printer (parallel port and USB
connected to this machine) using SMB protocol.   Do I have to run and
configure SAMBA to do this.

Thanks

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk