[Gllug] VACANCY : Linux/Unix System Administrator

Huw Lynes huw-l at moving-picture.com
Mon Sep 20 15:24:28 UTC 2004

Hi All,

As part of our on-going plans to take over Soho we need some more staff.
Good luck to all who apply,

Huw

SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR
MPC continually invests in, new technologies and a key part of the
organisation is the Systems team which develops and maintains the
infrastructure on which all the visual effects are created. This
infrastructure operates in a 24x7 environment designed for the highest
levels of performance and includes a large render farm together with over
50TB of storage serving more than 250 Linux workstations.

The primary responsibility is to ensure the ongoing smooth running of the
production systems. Applicants will need to demonstrate the following skills
and experience:

*Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
*A minimum of 3 years UNIX/Linux system administration experience.
*An understanding of technologies such as Perl, shell scripting, DNS,
TCP/IP, NFS, NIS, web servers, email, databases and RAID.
*An ability to communicate and interact with production and creative
personnel.

If you are a systems administrator looking for an opportunity to work with
cutting edge technology then send your CV to: kate-t at moving-picture.com
alternatively you can post your application to Human Resources,
The Moving Picture Company, 127 Wardour Street, London, W1F 0NL.

Please quote reference:
Systems Administrator

--
| Huw Lynes               | The Moving Picture Company  |
| System Administrator    | 127 Wardour Street          |

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk