[Gllug] Help !!!!

Jan Kokoska kokoskaj at seznam.cz
Thu Sep 30 00:51:17 UTC 2004

On Wed, 2004-09-29 at 22:36 +0100, Wiehe, Simon wrote:
> Hi, ...

For Debian functionality wrapped in Linspire user-friendliness and
RHEL's hardware detection and robustness try new upcoming,
next-big-thing distro: Ubuntu Linux! ;)

http://ubuntulinux.org/

If I will ever trade my Debian for anything, this will be it. Preview
release now, works better than what most others call stable (recently
tested Whitebox 3, SuSE 9.1 Pro, Progeny Debian 2 beta, UserLinux
bleeding-edge-pre-alpha, BLAG (Fedora 2)) and Ubuntu stands out already.

First stable release planned for the end of October, 6-month release
cycle. Sweet unstable Debian under the hood and they would even send you
free-as-in-beer CDs for the first release!

And no, I don't get paid by Canonical for this, just give it a try.

Jan

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk