[Gllug] Linux kids

Adrian McMenamin adrian at mcmen.demon.co.uk
Thu Sep 2 17:35:53 UTC 2004

On Sunday 29 August 2004 20:21, Garry Heaton wrote:
> Am I the only one who spends ages staring at the screensavers that come
> with KDE 3.2? They're so mind-blowing that I now have one machine which
> does little more than display these artistic gems all day. My 9-year-old
> daughter has developed a preference for Linux since Fedora Core 2 appeared
> on one my desktops and KDE's latest screensavers have played a big part in
> her switching. She thinks Fedora is "fresher" than XP :-) and loves the
> games. I already have her using Mozilla for mail and internet plus
> OpenOffice for anything else.
>
> Anyone else have "Linux kids"?

A five-yea-old and a nine-year-old but the lack of support for shockwave makes
them tend to prefer the P75 box I have running Win98 (in their bedroom),
though they both like messing with the nix boxes if they get the chance. The
youngest has a fascination with the Dreamcast (which runs nix too, natch)

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk