[Gllug] Oracle on Linux

Chanka A. Perera chanka at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 10:23:12 UTC 2004

hi,

On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 11:14:33 +0100, Davies Sue <sue.davies at lbbd.gov.uk> wrote:
> Does anyone know of any installations of Oracle on Linux on Itanium chips?
> We have a new Head of Service who is keen to look at all the available
> options rather than jumping on the M$ bandwagon for everything.  I would be
> very grateful for any help anyone can give, this could shift the balance
> towards linux in a big way here.

we are running almost all of the oracle databases 8.1.7 / 9i/ 10G on
RedHat ASE 2.1 and 3.0 with out any problem on Dell PowerEdge 2650  at
our DataCenter.

http://www.dell.com/downloads/global/products/pedge/en/2650_specs.pdf

i'll willing to share the informations you need to implement this,
don't go on M$ ;-)

regards,

Chanka Perera

--