[Gllug] joining a wireless LAN

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Fri Sep 10 21:43:44 UTC 2004

On Fri 10 Sep, Russell Howe wrote:

> On Thu, Sep 09, 2004 at 11:06:30PM +0100, Chris Bell wrote:
> >    Debian and its new installer are changing very rapidly as they sort the
> > last few bugs prior to the official release of Sarge
>
> Changing very rapidly.
> Few bugs.
>
> Much as I'm a Debian supporter, I do find it quite amusing that they
> didn't start work on a new installer *RIGHT AFTER RELEASING WOODY*
>
> OK, so it worked fine for me when I installed a box recently (although I
> nearly wore the keyboard out setting up LVM and partitions), but still.
> Starting with an entirely new installer just a few months before
> release?
>
> And using aptitude?! heh.

   It does seem easier to use than the woody installer, but I think it may
have dummed down too far. I understand that they are trying to do as much as
possible for everyone, using any hardware, in any variation of human
language, and squeeze it into something like a small USB memory stick, using
software that they hope will "come right on the night".

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk