[Gllug] [OT] speaking French in France

Martin A. Brooks martin at clues.ltd.uk
Thu Sep 2 11:02:00 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-09-02 at 11:56, Stig Brautaset wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 02, 2004 at 11:13:10AM +0100, Martin A. Brooks wrote:
> > As we have a long term plan of moving to Norway
>
> Can I ask, just out of curiosity, why? Feel free to answer in private if
> you don't want to spill the beans to the list.

It's a very nice country.  A greater land mass than the UK with less
people than London - no housing shortage so no artificially high prices.

It gets proper weather.  30c in summer and -15c in winter are not
uncommon.

Healthcare is the nearly the best in Europe, ditto education.  Sane
government. Public transport that can cope with the weather.  Excellent
communications infrastructure.  Clean power, no fossil or nuclear
energy. Sane employment laws with equal consideration for men and women.

For example, a norwegian friend of mine has 48 _weeks_ paternity leave
on 80% of his regular salary.

--
Martin A. Brooks <martin at clues.ltd.uk>
Clues Ltd