[Gllug] Smart directories: Cron or fancier

Tom Schutzer-Weissmann trmsw at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Sep 27 11:01:42 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-09-27 at 11:36, Russell Howe wrote:

> In Linux, there are two ways that I've heard about for receiving
> notification of changes to the filesystem: dnotify and FAM. FAM may well
> use dnotify and provide a higher level API, I don't know.. never used
> either.

I'm going to try with dnotify, and muck about with the Python FAM
module.

Quite like the sound of going crazy with DMAPI but don't think my skills
are up to it, much more inspired by gmailfs
(http://richard.jones.name/google-hacks/gmail-filesystem/gmail-filesystem.html)

Thank y'all for the prompt info - as always
Tom

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk