[Gllug] re: grammar

Stig Brautaset stig at brautaset.org
Fri Sep 3 10:20:23 UTC 2004

On Fri, Sep 03, 2004 at 10:57:22AM +0100, t.clarke wrote:
> Since grammar seems to have cropped up again, and harking back to a

You're confusing the plural suffix "s" with genitive (possesive) suffix
"'s".

typos == plural of typo
typo's <something> == <something> owned/done by typo

> I thought that an apostrophe to replace missing characters in an
> abbreviated word was perfectly normal !

It is, but that's not how you used it in your previous post.

PS: While we're at it: there's not supposed to be a space before the
exclamation mark in your above sentence. One of my pet hates, that.

Stig

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk