[Gllug] Euro LUG network

Sarah Ewen sarah at thaum.net
Tue Sep 14 13:14:09 UTC 2004

> > A handful of UK LUGs have signed up - see the wiki page:
> > http://kwiki.ffii.org/index.cgi?EuroLugsListEn
> > What do people think about GLLUG signing uP?
> > (My vote would be yes, obviously.)
> You should do it.

It certainly seems like a good idea.

> I would never have believed there were so many LUGs in Europe ...
Yes! It's a healthy looking list.

Something which I was hitherto unaware of was the use of the
term "Libre software" across France, Spain, Italy, and other
european countries. At the launch of Calibre[1] on Friday, talking
to the groups involved revealed the rather heated discussion
their first workshop had endured while they battled over which
terminology to use! They were hastily changing slides
on launch day to read OSS/Libre software.

Sarah.
[1] www.calibre.ie
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk