[Gllug] Co-lo hosting

Jason Clifford jason at ukpost.com
Wed Sep 8 08:37:50 UTC 2004

On Wed, 8 Sep 2004, Chris Bell wrote:

>    I understand that the approximate normal ratio is that the cooling system
> uses twice the energy used by the system being cooled.

That doesn't really matter though as the choice is between using the
energy or not having the facility. Without the aircon the facility
couldn't exist as the heat produced would cause system failures.

I've seen boxes fail in environments without adequate aircon. Thankfully
the RedBus facility I use is very cool.

Jason Clifford
http://www.ukfsn.org/	   ADSL Broadband from just £22.50 / month

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk