[Gllug] [OT] speaking French in France

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Tue Sep 7 14:47:54 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2 Sep 2004, Amias Channer muttered drunkenly:
> I think thats a capital ( or maybe just large ) city thing , most people
> in big cities live on their own and away from their families and so
> forget to care that much about others .

If they do, they leave, in the end.

I think the UK is a perhaps more extreme example than France, hidden
only because London's sprawlier than Paris and has more diversity hiding
the basic can't-care-less-about-youdom. Plus, Estuary English isn't as
good for expressing supercilious dislike in as Parisian French, IMHO.

--
`The copyright file is for everyone.  That we make it available in
 plain-text, uncompressed form rather than in spinning, throbbing

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk