[Gllug] Knoppix and similar

FORSTER, David david.forster at mfi.co.uk
Fri Sep 17 15:41:38 UTC 2004

-----Original Message-----
From: John Hearns
Sent: 17 September 2004 16:32
To: Greater London Linux Users Group

> Is this an option in Knoppix?
> I can see how you would mount the ISO image as a loopback,
> but how would you get the thing to boot in the first place?
> I guess there will be some Syslinux magic.

I believe that it is. I usually do a "sudo knoppix-installer" to install the
3Gb version (I have the space and don't wish to uncompress everything to run
it). But I'm fairly sure there's a way to just copy the entire contents of
the CD to disk and boot it.

A quick google provides:
http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/PoorMansInstall

I seem to remember reading other pertinent articles about this type of
install there too

The information in this e-mail is confidential and is intended solely for the use of the
individual or entity to which it is addressed. Any views or opinions presented are those
of the author and do not necessarily represent those of MFI Furniture Group PLC or its
associated companies.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk