[Gllug] OT: Bug tracking software

will will at hellacool.co.uk
Wed Sep 22 11:30:30 UTC 2004

Hi all,

I have been asked to look into bug tracking software for the place that
I work with the following features:

- track, comment on, and close bugs
- track, comment on, and close feature requests
- web interface for logging and updating
- email alerts / notifications to staff
- easy to use
- Bugs assignable to certain people etc.
- Access control:  Customers should be able to file bugs on their
software, but should not be able to see bugs from other projects.
- reports, for management review, summaries of ongoing and outstanding
work etc.
- usual search, mark as duplicate features etc
- Runs on Linux (Obviously!)
- Simple maintainence
- Good application security
- Open Source

I immediatly thought of bugzilla, but I am open to alternatives.  What
can people recommend, what have people used and had success with?

Or does *everyone* use bugzilla ;)

Thanks
Will.
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk