[Gllug] [ANNOUNCE] London Perl Workshop - December 11th, 2004

Dean dean.wilson3 at virgin.net
Fri Sep 17 10:35:14 UTC 2004

I thought this might be interesting to a number of people on list.

----- Forwarded message from The London Perl Workshop <lpw-2004 at london.pm.org> -----

From: The London Perl Workshop <lpw-2004 at london.pm.org>
To: lpw-2004 at london.pm.org
Subject: [ANNOUNCE] London Perl Workshop - December 11th, 2004

    London Perl Workshop, 2004 - Call for Proposals

Imperial College London, UK Saturday 11th December 2004

The 2004 London Perl Workshop is intended to allow Perl beginners to
learn from long-standing members of the community, while also giving the
experts a chance to make easy tasks seem trivial, and hard tasks seem
easy.

We will be running two tracks - "Learning Perl" and "Advanced Perl" -
and we therefore invite your proposals for presentations & lightning
talks. Presentations will be allocated between 30 and 45 minutes.
Lightning talks will be allocated exactly five minutes.

Speakers will receive free entry to the event, and possibly also a free
t-shirt (if we can get it organised in time).

The workshop will run from 10am to 6pm, with an hour set aside for lunch
(food will not be provided, but there are plenty of pubs and cafes
nearby). There will also be a fully-licensed bar, open from midday
onwards.

Talks may be recorded and made available on the Internet, unless
speakers specify otherwise in advance to the organisers.

Please submit your talk proposals to lpw-2004 at london.pm.org no later
than 2004-10-22 23:59:59 UTC. Each submission should be for only one
talk, and should include a brief bio, the title of the talk, the
proposed length for the talk, and a brief description of the talk.

 Proposal Deadline: Friday 22nd October 2004
 Speaker Notification: Monday 1st November 2004
 Slides to Organisers: Monday 6th December 2004

  -- The Organisers

--
The London Perl Workshop, Decemeber 11th Imperial College Union
http://london.pm.org/lpw                 lpw-2004 at london.pm.org
----- End forwarded message -----

  Dean
--
Dean Wilson		http://www.unixdaemon.net
Profanity is the one language all programmers understand
Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at gllug.org.uk